Monday, November 22, 2010

One Year Old!!

I still can't believe it! Hayden is a year old! His birthday was in September and we celebrated it with some family and friends. We were excited because Chris' mom, "Dodo" was even able to come from North Carolina. Hayden is one spoiled little boy. He got a ton of presents. He even got into the unwrapping of the presents with Daddy's help. It was so cute. Hayden and his cousins, Zora and Isaac loved playing with all the new toys. For his cake, I decided to make it and had a blast doing so. I had been watching Cake Boss on TV for a while and was taking notes of any tips they gave so I would be ready to do this cake. We decided to cover the cake with fondant like they use on the show. It was a very sticky, gooey mess, but eventually turned into usable fondant and worked great. I used frosting to make a tiger on top of the cake. I was quite proud of the result. Hayden was very entertaining to watch while he ate his cake. He hadn't had much sugar before this and so he was quite shocked with his first bite. He seemed to have "sugar chills" as the sugar hit his system for the first time. All in all, I think he liked the cake, just not the fondant. He also started making all sorts of funny faces while eating and soon realized that everyone was laughing at him so then he started hamming it up even more. I was quite surprised though because Hayden stayed fairly clean, even with chocolate cake. I had put him in a white onesie to show the contrast, but there hardly was any difference. That's my good little boy.

Opening his first present


Pulling off the paper


Look at all his loot. He is very spoiled :P


The finished cake


Blowing out the candle


First bite


Looking cute for the camera


Making silly faces

1 comment:

  1. That is quite surprising. For my nieces 1st birthday, she had cake everywhere...face, legs, walls.

    ReplyDelete